The Metaverse Daily for July 5, 2022
To improve your local-language experience, sometimes we employ an auto-translation plugin. Please note auto-translation may not be accurate, so read original article for precise information.
Here’s an overview of the Metaverse daily news.
- First, some DeFi data. The Metaverse Index is slightly on the rise, trading now at $38.72, while the Bluechip NFT Index has seen a minuscule drop overnight—from $32.82 to $32.66. The Metaverse Land has seen an even smaller price drop.
- Prices of cryptocurrencies continue to fluctuate, with frequent daily ups and downs. The bear market is affecting many coins. Bitcoin is in the red, and in June, it experienced one of the worst months since its inception, with prices down by 37.9%. Even with a slight uptick in prices, the fear of recession keeps markets firmly in its grasp.
- Things aren’t looking great for NFTs, either. NFT sales have fallen below the $1 billion mark, marking the worst period in 12 months. This shows that even the relatively strong NFT market has finally been affected by the crypto winter’s economic uncertainty; non-fungible token sales have decreased by 90% over eight months.
- It turns out the nearly bankrupt Singapore-based cryptocurrency hedge fund Three Arrows Capital (3AC) allegedly owns more than $7.5 million in NFT holdings, including Artblocks, CryptoPunks, and MYAC and BYAC tokens.
- Prada is doing another NFT drop on July 7, 2022. The announcement was made after TimeCapsule, a collection issued in June, was met with enthusiasm. The new drop includes gifted NFTs and two limited-edition physical products.
- Bored Apes are in a new music video following the June Eminem and Snoop Dogg collab. Grammy-winning producer Timbaland released a Metaverse music clip featuring one of these super recognizable NFT characters—Timbaland’s BAYC alter ego, Bored Ape Congo (#590).
Read related posts:
- Beeple’s ‘Everydays’ 15th anniversary: NFT artist creates digital artwork live on TV
- JPEX releases CryptoPunks and Red Hare NFT index contract
- MPost Markets: Cardano’s ADA price spikes; bitcoin on the rise
In line with the Trust Project guidelines, please note that the information provided on this page is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as legal, tax, investment, financial, or any other form of advice. It is important to only invest what you can afford to lose and to seek independent financial advice if you have any doubts. For further information, we suggest referring to the terms and conditions as well as the help and support pages provided by the issuer or advertiser. MetaversePost is committed to accurate, unbiased reporting, but market conditions are subject to change without notice.