The intelligence of ChatGPT is inhuman, based on an artificially intelligent agent with advanced digital communication capabilities.
The next stage in the development of AI systems may be their individualization.
ChatGPT’s views of the world are built on the basis of averaging the views of all people contained on the Internet.
The Trust Project is a worldwide group of news organizations working to establish transparency standards.
To improve your local-language experience, sometimes we employ an auto-translation plugin. Please note auto-translation may not be accurate, so read original article for precise information.
Geoffrey Hinton is often referred to as the “Godfather of AI”. This British-Canadian cognitive psychologist and computer scientist is considered a leading figure in the deep learning community, the very foundations of ChatGPT. And if only for this reason, his words about the beginning of the revolution in the field of artificial intelligence should be paid special attention to.
Two crucial things set apart the 40-minute interview of Geoffrey Hinton from the vast majority of ChatGPT interviews of various scientists and media stars:
- Easy-to-understand presentation of a complex topic for non-specialists.
- The depth of its understanding that is accessible to very few people.
Therefore, we will not spoil the story of Geoffrey Hinton with transcription for those who are interested in listening to it themselves. We will only draw your attention to the following most crucial points he raises:
- In terms of significance for the development of mankind, the ongoing “intellectual revolution” can only be compared with the invention of the wheel and electricity.
- The intelligence of ChatGPT is absolutely inhuman because the Homo Sapiens intelligence is based on an evolved biological creature with a developed ability of linguistic communications, which is characterized by the low-speed transmission of symbols encoding limited amounts of data.
- ChatGPT intelligence is based on an artificially intelligent agent with advanced digital communication capabilities, characterized by the transfer of enormous amounts of data at a speed unimaginable for humans.
- The next stage in the development of AI systems like ChatGPT may be their individualization. Now, ChatGPT’s views of the world are built on the basis of averaging the views of all people contained on the Internet.
- “Customized ChatGPT” will have worldviews derived from its training on a subset of Internet sources. Each such subset will reflect the vision of the world held by people with a certain worldview. For example, “ChatGPT Democrat” will give different answers than “ChatGPT Republican.”
|Read more: 20+ Best Telegram AI Chatbots|
In conclusion, we will supplement what Hinton said about the inhumanness of AI.
- Intelligences adapted to different environments differ to the extent that the differences in environments are large enough for the optimal adaptation of intelligent agents to them.
- For example, having changed their habitat from land to sea about 50 million years ago, the land ancestors of cetaceans fundamentally changed physically and intellectually.
- A clear illustration of this is the transformation of terrestrial artiodactyls into dolphins, accompanied by a fundamental change in the means of communication of animals—the transition from roaring and lowing to a complex system of three types of signals: broadband pulses for echolocation, frequency-modulated tones (whistles), and pulse-tone signals. The consequence of this was the formation of two very different types of intelligence in artiodactyls and cetaceans.
- The differences between the digital environment of ChatGPT and the physical environment of humans are even greater than those of land and sea. Therefore, we have completely different types of communication and, thus, intelligence, as it is adapted to completely different habitats.
So the chances of people understanding ChatGPT’s brain of thought are no greater than those of understanding dolphin thinking.
Read more about AI:
Any data, text, or other content on this page is provided as general market information and not as investment advice. Past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future results.