Sorare is a blockchain-powered fantasy football game that lets you profit from real-life soccer
The Trust Project is a worldwide group of news organizations working to establish transparency standards.
If you’re a big fan of fantasy football, rejoice! You can now earn money through blockchain technology and NFTs while putting together a team of your favorite soccer players to compete against others online. Sorare is a fantasy football game that allows users to buy, sell, and trade collectible cards representing real-life soccer players from all over the world.
In Sorare, each card is an ERC-721 non-fungible token (NFT) stored on the Ethereum blockchain. This means that every card is unique and can be traded on a decentralized exchange without the need for a third party.
What is Sorare?
Sorare is a fantasy football game that allows you to enter the world of your favorite sport. Nicolas Julia and Adrien Montfort created Sorare in 2018 with the goal of buying, selling, trading, and managing a team of virtual athletes while competing against users from all around the world in global contests. You gain points depending on how well the real-world performance of your virtual team’s players. The better they perform (for example, by scoring goals, creating assists, and keeping clean sheets), the more points your virtual squad will earn.
However, Sorare is more than just a game. It’s also a way to invest in your favorite sport by buying, selling, and trading non-fungible tokens (NFTs) that represent real-life soccer players. These cards can be bought, sold, or traded on a decentralized exchange without the need for a third party.
What makes Sorare cards valuable?
Sorare helps card collectors, football fans, and fantasy football players by giving them the opportunity to own items that are valuable in the real world. Where most fantasy football games only offer digital rewards, Sorare cards can be sold for actual money.
The value of each card depends on the player it represents and their real-world performance. For example, a card featuring Lionel Messi – one of the best soccer players in the world – will be worth more than a card featuring a less well-known player.
The value of a card can also increase if the player transfers to a new team, as this usually results in an increase in media coverage and fan interest. For example, when world-renowned striker Neymar moved from Spanish club Barcelona to French club Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) for a record-breaking transfer fee is 2017, the value of his cards increased significantly.
Cards can also be worth more if they are rare. Sorare offers five different card rarity levels, from Common to Super Rare. The rarer the card, the more valuable it is. For example, there are only 10 Neymar Super Rare cards in existence, so they are worth a lot of money.
Breaking down the rarity of Sorare cards
There are five different card rarity levels in Sorare:
Common: There are 1,000 of each Common card in existence. These cards feature young or up-and-coming players who have the potential to be great but haven’t yet proved themselves on the field.
Rare: There are 500 of each Rare card in existence. These cards represent players who have shown potential and are starting to get noticed by the media and fans.
Super Rare: There are only 100 of each Super Rare card in existence. These cards feature some of the best players in the world. They are often in high demand, so they can be sold for a lot of money.
Ultra Rare: There are only 10 of each Ultra Rare card in existence. These cards represent the very best players in the world. They are extremely rare and valuable, so they can be sold for a high price.
Open an account
- The first step is to open an account on Sorare’s website. You can do this by clicking here.
- Once you’re on the website, click on the “Sign Up” button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Enter your email address and create a password, then click on the “Create my account” button.
- You will then be asked to verify your email address by clicking on a link in the verification email that Sorare will send you.
Receive your free cards
- Once you have verified your email address, you will be able to claim your free cards.
- To do this, click on the “Collectibles” tab in the top-right corner of the screen and then scroll down to the “Free Cards” section.
- Click on the “Claim Now” button and Sorare will send you five free cards. These cards will be of random players and rarity, so you might get lucky and receive a Rare or Super Rare card!
- You can claim your free cards once every 24 hours, so make sure to come back and claim more every day.
Build your team
- Once you have some cards, it’s time to build your team.
- To do this, click on the “My Team” tab in the top-right corner of the screen.
- You will see a list of all the different positions that you can fill on your team, as well as the number of players needed for each position.
- For example, most teams have one goalkeeper, four defenders, three midfielders, and two strikers.
- You can also have up to three substitutes for each position.
- Once you have selected the players for your team, click on the “Save” button.
Play in a game
- Now that you have built your team, it’s time to play in a game.
- To do this, click on the “Games” tab in the top-right corner of the screen.
- You will see a list of all the different games that you can join.
There are two types of games:
Single games: These are one-off games that you can join at any time.
Tournaments: These are ongoing competitions that you can join and play in over a period of time.
- To join a game, click on the “Join” button.
- You will then be asked to select the team that you want to use.
- Once you have selected your team, click on the “Join game” button.
- You will be able to see how your team is doing in the game by checking the “My Games” tab.
Is SoRare Legit?
This is a question that many people have been asking lately. The short answer is yes, SoRare is a legitimate website and you can earn real money by playing fantasy football with NFTs.
If you want to earn more money on Sorare and stay in the game for the long haul, you must constantly reinvest in your teams and players. This entails giving them rewards and incentives for their accomplishments, as well as taking a portion of the profits to reinvest in future competitions. Typically, if your teams are performing well, you may expect a profit within 4-8 weeks of your investment.
Any data, text, or other content on this page is provided as general market information and not as investment advice. Past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future results.