PlayStation VR 2: An Overview of Sony’s Upcoming VR System Launch
Ahead of the PSVR2 launch on February 22, Sony shares an extensive FAQ about the device.
The FAQ post includes a lot of interesting facts about what users can expect from the headset.
Although much of the information is already known, there are some new details regarding the PlayStation VR 2:
- The headset is 7% lighter (40 grams) than the Playstation VR 1 (excluding cables) but is nearly the same size, with a volume that is 3% smaller.
- The face-contact light blocker can be removed and cleaned with water.
- There are three different VR play styles: room-scale (allows more movement), sitting, and standing.
- Like its predecessor, the Playstation VR 2 has a minimum age requirement of 12 years.
- The Sense controllers are not currently available for separate purchase, so users should handle them with care during motion-intensive VR games.
- The See-Through View feature in PSVR2 allows users to view their surroundings while wearing the headset.
- The headset has a built-in microphone, a power button, and a function button, which enables users to switch to the See-Through View or mute/unmute the microphone.
- Sony has confirmed free upgrades and cross-buying options for PSVR 1 games, but it is up to the studies to offer these options.
- The PSVR2 requires a TV for setup, but after that, it can be used without a TV, as the PS5 menus are displayed in the headset.
- Over 100 VR games are under development for the PSVR2, and there will be more than 30 games available at launch. Some notable games include Tetris Effect, Rez Infinite, and Gran Turismo 7.
The FAQ on the PlayStation blog covers various topics such as overview, headset, sense controller, games, transmission and recording, and miscellaneous. Sony says the company will update the information before, during, and after the launch.
In line with the Trust Project guidelines, please note that the information provided on this page is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as legal, tax, investment, financial, or any other form of advice. It is important to only invest what you can afford to lose and to seek independent financial advice if you have any doubts. For further information, we suggest referring to the terms and conditions as well as the help and support pages provided by the issuer or advertiser. MetaversePost is committed to accurate, unbiased reporting, but market conditions are subject to change without notice.